my handiwork:

red flannel wrap (can you tell what he's doing?) for me,green flannel sling for a friend...needs to be taken in some,
and the newest receiving blanket diaper and scavenged toy:



OH! and I almost forgot this one that i finally finished :) (mom-the outfit is from your neighbor, you can tell her thanks again!)
stay tuned!
9 comments:
yes, I could tell what he was doing :) any biting yet?? *lol*
very little; no blood or trauma as of yet. woo hoo!
has he heard, "no no" yet about other things?
It is odd to see things that are from here. I mostly forget about them; out of sight, out of mind. Kind of like opening gifts twice and being surprised twice. Or, maybe that's called altsheimers. (sp?)
what I noticed first in the red flannel picture is the shirt. vintage, right? I made some flannel overalls to match I think. weird shaped flannel overalls, but comfy probably.
actually, I said it once the other day about the phone cord, and laughed at myself. Usually I say something way more sophisticated like, "that is not for you, and I presume you will enjoy thismuch better anyway, little boy."
no, not vintage, I don't think... I do have many striped shirts from you though.
good work E!!
Love the quilt. And yay for no blood drawn :)
I'm so glad that package arrived. Got a call weeks ago to make sure the address was correct.Pics are beautiful and good job on your gift of sewing.
You had SO better make me a wrap/sling/whatever that is when it's my time!
I have sling jealousy.
And I'm not even close to being pregnant.
Haha.
wrap=long (like 3 or 4 yards) rectangle of fabric that you wrap around and around and tie. infinitely adjustable. kinda steep learning curve at first
pocket/pouch sling=doubled over short oval(?) with a curved butt seam. non-adjustable once it's sewn together. I also have a brown one and a tan one. almost no learning curve.
mei tai=what I'm making next. smallish rectangle with four long straps. That's my vacation project ;-)
I can totally hook you up. There are, of course, entire websites devoted to the addiction of babywearing that are great fun to browse.
Post a Comment